How Much Does Hospice Cost?
Hospice of the Valleys is a local, community-based, nonprofit hospice. We are a Medicare certified hospice and accept Medicare/Medi-Cal and most private insurance plans. If you have Medicare insurance, whether it is straight Medicare, HMO or PPO Medicare plans, your hospice care will be 100% covered under the Medicare Hospice Benefit. Hospice care is provided to the patient where they live, whether that is in their home, nursing home, board and care or assisted living.
For those who do not have Medicare we accept most insurance policies. Our list includes, but is not limited to:
- Blue Cross of California
- Blue Shield of California
- GrayBill Medical Group
- Health Net of California
- OptumHealth Care Solutions, Inc.
- PrimeCare Medical Network, Inc.
- Regal Medical Group, Inc.
- Sharp Community Medical Group
- UnitedHealthcare Military and Veterans Tricare
- Valley Physicians Network
We are happy to help by contacting your insurance carrier to coordinate your hospice benefit.
Thanks to the generous support from our community, we do not deny care for those due to lack of insurance or inability to pay.
Medicare covers hospice services such as:
- Hospice physician services
- Nursing care
- Medical equipment
- Medical supplies
- Drugs for managing symptoms & controlling pain
- Home health aide services
- Medical social workers
- Grief support for patients and families
- Chaplains & spiritual care providers
- Link to Medicare hospice benefit: https://www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/02154-Medicare-Hospice-Benefits.PDF
As a trusted member of our community, Hospice of the Valleys, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) has been providing hospice care to the Inland Valley and Fallbrook for 35 years. Thanks to the generous support from our community, in the form of donations, memorials, fundraising, grants, and bequests to support our mission to provide excellent care to the community, we do not deny care for those due to lack of insurance or inability to pay.
Please give us a call, we’re here to help. 951-200-7800.